X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query birth cert info

Hi
    Just received birth cert 1941
    it gives place of birth info as" Parkyns" Bradmore Basford ( west Bridgford Nottingham)
    would that be a house name ?
    father occ is listed as company secretary.. furniture tade

Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

parkyns seems to be the name of a wealthy family.

some info here:Bunny Nottinghamshire through time | Local history overview for the place

a lot of parkyns are mentioned with bradmore.

Comment

Thanks Kylejustin, yes did google search for parkyns in nottingham and came up with a Sir Thomas Parkyns , name I am searching is " Ball " so don't know if there is family connection with PArkyns name , did wonder if Parkyns was name of place in Bradmore BAsford or if it was name of family home , the only other cert I received with place name mentioned in "" was my grandparents home which was called " garmarglen" after first three grandchildren.
      Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Have you tried looking at the phone books on ancestry to see if the father is listed and what his address is?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          Have you tried looking at the phone books on ancestry to see if the father is listed and what his address is?
          Thanks will go and check phone books now , his dad was Herbert Ball

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Hi just looked in phone books the only Herbert Ball I could find occ is butcher

My Herbert Ball occ is company secretary.. furniture trade

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Most people were only listed by their initial rather than full name, but I can't see him on there. I could have a look at the directories next time I'm at Notts Archives if you like?
              KiteRunner

Comment

Jebbo, I found a booklet about Bradmore village at the Notts Archives, which included a map of the village, and it shows Parkyns as being a house on Farmer Street, at the junction with Main Road, just next to the Methodist Church and Schoolroom.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Jebbo, I found a booklet about Bradmore village at the Notts Archives, which included a map of the village, and it shows Parkyns as being a house on Farmer Street, at the junction with Main Road, just next to the Methodist Church and Schoolroom.
                  Thanks Kiterunner , when I did goggle search under Parkyns nottingham all I seemed to get was a Sir Thomas Parkyns ,
                  Thats wonderful finding mention of a house named PArkyns on farmer and main rd, the family history/ story is that this side of family ( Ball ) we fairly well off, wonder if house is still there ?
                  Appreciate your help looking up ref at archives for me .

Big thankyou Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                  X