Baby photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby photos

I have a few baby photos but no-one seems to know who they are or when they were taken. I know they were taken before I was born, but that's it.

Is there any way to date a baby photo so I can narrow down who it might be? At the moment, I have a range of c1900 to c1980 lol
    Tracy

Put a couple up and we'll have a go.

Comment

Ooh yes.......:D

Comment

Thanks I will add them as soon as I can.

Just a warning - the photos are no longer in my possesion (I have scanned them) so I can't tell you if there's anything on the back.
        Tracy

Comment

Here they are:

Tracy

Comment

Can't make up my mind about the first one, but I would say the middle one was in the early 1960s and the bottom one in the late 1960s or early 1970's. Not sure when the open weave (cellular?) blankets first came out (in bottom pic), but my son, born 1971, had one and I remember seeing similar knitted outfits when I was knitting for him before he was born.
            My 2nd cousin and her sister, born 1956 & 1959, wore smocked dresses similar to the one in the middle picture. Just looked again, and maybe it isn't smocking on the dress after all
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thanks Sue. That does help.
              I can't even work out if the first one is male or female lol
              Tracy

Comment

Top one looks very mid 1950s (because I have one of me dressed very much like that though without shoes) Could even be late 40s.

Middle one.......can you see if the bangle is round all the way round (does that make sense???) or if it's got a straight edge. The straight edge ones are later and I'd put it as early 70s. The dress looks as though it could be a synthetic fabric as well??

The bottom one looks 70s or later. The blanket looks like one of those thermal type cotton ones that seemed to come out around then.

Comment

Thanks Libby.
                  Think I've got the last one now. My cousin born 1967.

Still no idea on the other two though.

Is it possible the first one is 1920s? I'm going through all the offspring I have on this side of the family and that's the only one that stands out. It's a boy though. Do you think it could be male?

I keep wondering if the middle one could be my 'skeleton' born 1968. Do you think 2 & 3 look similar?
                  Tracy

Comment

I was wondering if the middle one and bottom one were the same baby.

Not sure about 1920s.

If it's a boy it could be 1920s, but the shoes look like girls. I have plenty of photos of boys in frocks up to about 1930s.

Comment

I keep thinking that about the shoes too.

I have another picture with my Nan on. I had thought the other child in the pic was the son of her aunt (right sort of age difference), but it has the same type of shoes as her so I think it must be a girl. No idea who it could be if it is lol I don't have any girls of that age!

Actually, the boy of the 1920s is the same one I'm thinking of in both pics. Perhaps his parents couldn't afford boys shoes? lol
                      Tracy

Comment

Hi, I don't think it's 1920s, though baby and child photos are always difficult to date, but I can close my eyes and describe that little dress, I would go for 40s or 50s...for the first picture, and agree about the second and third.

Comment

Thanks Barbara.
                          Will have another look to see if I can find someone to fit in that period.
                          Tracy

Comment

I don't know whether either of these are any help i.e. give any clues? They are both girls and the first one would have been taken about mid 1945 and the second about mid to late 1946.

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie. The outfit on the first looks very similar to mine. Wonder if it's my aunt - mother of the last one and possibly the middle one. Only thing that bugs me is the brown hair. As far as I know, all my immediate family had blond(e) hair when they were small.

You've all been a great help - thank you
                              Last edited by Orangeblossom; 27-02-09, 12:12.
                              Tracy

Comment

You're welcome Tracey. I thought the same about the dress. A pity my parents obviously couldn't afford to buy me shoes lol :D;)

Comment

lol I have pics of my son aged 1 with no shoes on. Just thought he looked cuter without them
                                  Tracy

Comment

That first picture, it's just come to me, OH dated late 1953, it's in his mums front room!

Comment

1953 would be perfect for the first picture.
                                      I have mine from 1955 and it is very similar (except we couldn't afford shoes, either lol)

Comment

It looks as though my clothes were really fashionable for the day then - even if I didn't have shoes :D:D

Comment

Working...
                                        X