Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where and with what could you help other members?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and with what could you help other members?

Where & with what can you help other members?

Do you go to your County Record Office or is it close enough that could could if someone needed looking up?

Is there a church near you, a war memorial or similar in your town, that if someone knew you were willing, that you could go hunt and take perhaps a photo or two (by arrangement of course)

In our Wiki, on the county pages, we have just the place to note your willingness. We are looking to increase the spread of our members that would be willing to do fulfil other members requests.

Take a look and wonder if you could offer. No one expects you to drop what you are doing and run, but, by arrangement would you be willing?

Some are already listed in the wiki, and if you are one of the people that have either given or recieved help in this way I am sure you appreciate its value.

Please let us know where you'd be willing to go

add where you'd be able to go & i'm happy wiki it
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-07-09, 18:12.
    Jess

Hi Jess,

I can help as below.

Bucks Record Office - as & when.
    Suffolk Record Office (Ipswich & Lowestoft) - 3 times a year.
    Norfolk Record Office - very occasionally.
    Hitchin Herts PRs - as & when.
    Baptism 1560'ish - 1900
    Marriage 1560'ish - 1870's
    Banns 1754 -1837
    Burials 1560'ish - 1850's + a few later.
    Glen

Comment

Not sure what we decided about PRs - what is your source please?

I own microfilms so can't C&P - I'd have to transcribe them.
      Glen

Comment

Lookups

Originally posted by Jessbowbag
        Not sure what we decided about PRs - what is your source please?
        Any decision made yet? I also have the Suffolk Burial Index.
        Glen

Comment

Happy to do Greek translations and Dhekelia, Cyprus cemetary.

Comment

Just an update on my Lanlivery and Lanivet parishes. I now have films on CD to work from, so I can now blow the records up as big as I want them. Doesn't always mean I can read them :(, but it's better than on microfiche. I'm in the middle of transcribing them all for the LDS project. Could take a while, but I will get there
            Pauline
            xx
            OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
            www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

I have access to the parish records for most parts of Surrey - more or less from Croydon southwards.

Also have Notts Baptism, Marriage and Baptist Indexes.

Can do Italian translations

Comment

I sometimes go to Worcestershire History Center and I could help with people with ancestors from Droitwich in particular.

Comment

I have an number of films on extended loan at my Family History Centre:
                  They are for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido in Prov. Fosinone Italy and also a few for Acquafondata in the same Province. If anyone has any questions re birth death or marriage documnents for those areas I will be very willing to give as much help as I can.
                  Not quite sure if this is what's asked for on this forum?
                  Emmy

Comment

I can do look-ups at Hertfordshire Records Office. Please pm me.
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hello Jess,
                      so I do it
                      I would like to help other genealogists. All of us are dependent on the help of another researcher anyway. If I as a German can do my contribution to it, so I do it
                      Wolf

Comment

Hi Jess, This may seem a silly question but if I wanted to give some help/or get some help from someone posting here is this done by using the quick reply or are all the posts listed somewhere else? (The reason I'm asking is you have quoted on some of the posts 'You are in too'??)
                        I did post I could give some help if possible with a region in Frosinone Italy.
                        Be glad if you could give me an explanation.
                        Thank you in advance
                        Emmy

Comment

Thanks WZowe I'll make a note on the Germany page.

Emma - we have lists in the wiki usually under the place that you can help with - or on a particular page if say you have a special interest.- cant update them just at the moment .

Is there anyone listed on the ITALY page in the wiki?

If you are willing to be added to the page , so much the better.
                          can you find your way there? , if not shout.
                          Jess

Comment

Sorry but I seem to be lost:o
                            I can get to a page on Italy which gives a list of websites dealing with research in Italy, I already know of some of them and had help from them too in my own research. But I cant find any page that lists any names of people wishing to give free individual help. I've been researching my father's family over the past 30 years. Over the past 4 years I've had help from many many people so in return for the help given to me if have the information that could help someone in their research, if possible, I'd like to do the same for them.
                            Emmy
                            Last edited by Emmy; 23-05-09, 19:47.

Comment

I'm a bit confused, sorry.

I sent you to the Italy page because I thought you wanted to see if we had a member in Italy that could help you - if there is no-one listed, we dont have anyone.

Or is it that you are willing to help with italian research yourself?- in which case I can add you to the page, or to a page for anywhere else, for that matter.
                              Jess

Comment

Hi Jess,
                                I'm willing to do Bristol look ups. Church photo's, cemeteries, headstone photo's.
                                But I'm hopless with computer so it may take a while till I can forward info.( When son is visiting!!!)
                                Fay

Comment

I can look up burials in Berkshire.

Comment

Bear with me, wiki isn't availible at the moment, will add you just as soon as I can

Many thanks to you all
                                    Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                                      I can look up burials in Berkshire.
                                      Can I just ask What your source is please- dont wont to get into a spot with copy issues
                                      Jess

Comment

Oooer, hadn't though about that:o it's the Berkshire Burial Index 7th edition by Berks FHS (a birthday present, that I was going to share)

Comment

Working...
                                        X