Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a CHILD problem.

Hi
    I would appreciate some help with this CHILD family. It is only a small branch in my tree and I did a lot of research about a year ago but lost all but the basic facts when my computer crashed.

Matilda LIMMER married Roylance CHILD in 1806 at St George Hanover Square.
    Does anyone have access to the above church records because I am sure that I had more info about this marriage. I would particularly like to know if Roylance was a widower. Roylance born 1770 was a lot older than Matilda, I am guessing that she was born c1785.
    Can anybody find them in 1841?
    In 1851 Matilda was living with her brother-in-law William BEATTIE in St Giles in the Fields, Middx married and gave her age as 60. Ref HO107; Piece: 1509; Folio: 86; Page: 37
    In 1851 Roylance, married age 81 and transcribed as Paylance was living in Newcastle under Lyme with a daughter Anna born 1827 in Liverpool. Ref HO107; Piece: 2001; Folio: 156; Page: 39
    In 1841 another Roylance CHILD age 35 Independent is living with the above William BEATTIE & his wife Elizabeth (Matilda’s sister). Ref HO107; Piece 677; Book: 17; Civil Parish: St Marylebone; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 19; Page: 33; Line: 25

Can anybody find him on a census after 1841?

Then there is this marriage entry which must be for the younger Roylance CHILD.
    Year of Registration: 1851 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Birmingham, Warwickshire. On the page are 5 females and only 3 males so not easy to work out which one he married.

And the death of a Roylance CHILD, Year of Registration: 1858 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Cheltenham ,Gloucestershire which I am assuming is the older man.
    What I am trying to find out is whether Roylance, the younger and Anna were Matilda’s children.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Moggie

The marriage between Matilda and Roylance is in Pallot's marriage index.

Limmer Matilda s. minor (with consent of her father Stephen Limmer)
    Roylance Child b.
    by licence
    St. George Hanover Square, 1806

Comment

The date of the marriage was 24th Feb:

The Register Book of Marriages ... - Google Book Search

Comment

Are you interested in Baddeley Child and his daughter Elizabeth Roylance Child?

John James Blunt, DD, Lady Margaret Professor of Divinity at Cambridge, by
        Elizabeth Roylance his wife, dau. of Baddeley Child, and grand-daughter of ..
        Visitation of England and Wales - Google Book Search

Comment

Hi Mary
          Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, my granddaughter turned up unexpectedly wanting to use my computer to do her homework. Thank you for finding the extra info about the marriage. It now would seem that Roylance the younger was Matilda's son. What puzzles me is that he is not mentioned in Matilda's father's will (Stephen Limmer died 1818). The bare bones of the will is that his estate when sold is divided up between his 3 daughters, Sophia who is already a widow, Elizabeth who is still single and Matilda. Matilda's share is to be invested to give her an income for life and if she dies before her husband Roylance then her share is to revert to her 2 sisters. There is also a substantial bequest to Sophia's son Charles.
          Baddeley Child, father of Elizabeth Roylance Child was Roylance, senior's brother and I do have some info about his children.
          I really must thank you for pointing me in the direction of Google Books, I have never used this site before and I have just found some exicing info on there about Limmer's Hotel & it's connection to Stephen Limmer & his wife Elizabeth. I really do appreciate your help.
          Moggie

Comment

Working...
          X