Missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing!

I have a William Tartlin b.abt. 1790 and his wife Elizabeth nee Wyman b. abt. 1796. Married 1818 Whittlesey, Camb.

I have found William with children on the 1841 census living Rose Lane, Spitalfields, Middx. I have eventually found his wife in the London Hospital transcribed on Ancestry as Fartlin. They are the only family with this name on the 1841 census.

I have both William and Elizabeth's death certificates - William 1865 St. George in the East and Elizabeth 1858 St. George in the East.

But I cannot find William on the 1851 or 1861 and Elizabeth is missing on the 1851. If anyone can find them I would be so pleased!

Just to make things more interesting, one of their sons moves to Grimsby and spells his name Tartellin. I have also found other spellings - Tartlelin, Tarttelin, Tarttellin and Tartling - how many more there are I don't know!

Any help much appreciated.

You say one of their sons moved to Grimsby - what was his name and year of birth? Does he appear on the 1851/1861 census?
    Elaine

Comment

His name is Thomas b. abt. 1824. Yes, he is on both census married.
      1851 living Whittlesey, Camb. and 1861 Grimsby. William and Elizabeth's youngest child Jacob was 7 on the 1841 census so would think all children had left home by 1851.

Comment

I can only find him on 1841.

Have you got the refs for the ones you found on 1851 & 1861?

I can't find Thomas in Whittlesey in 1851 either. Have you got that ref or what surname he is under?

Where were William & Elizabeth (the parents) born?

I think I found 3 children's baptisms in Winchelsea, Sussex, would that be right?

Joanie

Comment

1851 Thomas Tarling
          Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1765; Folio: 209; Page: 55;

1861 Thomas Tarttelin
          Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2388; Folio: 44; Page: 34

Yes, the three baptisms are the children of William and Elizabeth -
          Elizabeth, Marianne and Prudence all bap. 1834 Winchelsea, Sussex.
          Also on the IGI are Mary and Thomas bap 1824 Peterborough.

William born Peterborough Northants (details from marriage)
          Elizabeth I think also born Peterborough, although at marriage in Whittlesey, Camb. said of this parish. Her birth is not registered there so think she was working there maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X