Birth Certificate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate.

After hours of searching and many dead ends i think i now need my Grandmothers Birth Certificate....

I think she may have been telling a few white lies as apart from finding her when she was 14 there is no other trace of her birth wise...

Now i have her marriage and death certificate so what details would i need for her birth certificate and can it be ordered online..many thanks.

tell us what you know about her, and someone will probably find the reference you need to order the cert - Yes, you can do it on line.
    Jess

Comment

ok here we go....

Born SARAH E LOWE...1877 Sheffield Yorkshire.

Father was ALBERT LOWE Foundry Lab.

She married Walter Smith in 1917 in Nottingham...
      she died Nottingham 1966...

thats it !

Comment

What was her full middle name, please?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

What happened to the complete birth index from 1837 on Ancestry????????????

Comment

Is she the Sarah E Smith who died Jan-Mar 1966 in Nottingham? Because her age is 79 on the GRO death index, which by my calculations would mean she was born around 1886? What was her age on her marriage certificate?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Ok her name was Sarah Ellen Lowe..

she died on the 1,st March 1966 and it says she was 79...

on her marriage certificate which is 28th April 1917 it says she is 28 years...

Comment

Kite runner... i have put in dates 2 years before and 2 years after but still nothing..

Comment

So she should be born around 1887, not 1877. How do you know she was born in Sheffield, please?
                  KiteRunner

Comment

sorry that was me putting the date in wrong :(

It says Sheffield Yorkshire on the 1911 Census

Comment

Oh, o.k., I can see her on the 1901 census and it looks as though it says she was born in Sheffield on that one too. But she's a live-in servant on that one so not with her family, which doesn't help!
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Checked FreeBMD for 1885 - 1889 and there are two regs for Sarah Ellen Lowe
                        Sep 1886 Altrincham (vol 8a page 213) and
                        Jun 1887 Liverpool (vol 8b, page 98).
                        Neither place is anywhere near Sheffield !
                        Margaret

Comment

Oooh, we've been here before, haven't we?

I remember looking at an Alfred who was married to an Ellen and was around Sheffield in 1891, but he had a dau Ellen E who was 6 and any younger ones didn't fit (maybe they were boys? I can't remember now!)

I was going to see if I could work out what happened to Ellen E......if she vanished then she might have changed her name, but I never followed it up!

Comment

Right, I've looked and Ellen E (and the next dau, Lilian) are still with parents on 1901, so your Sarah is someone else.....*sigh*

Comment

Yep we have been here before lol thats why i need the birth cert but was not sure what i needed to order it !

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch
                                The only Sarah Lowe on the 1891 census with father Arthur is here
                                RG12 Piece 3825, folio34, page 28 but the middle initial is A so possibly not your Sarah.
                                Margaret
                                Did you mean Albert?

Comment

I wondered if she had a different surname at birth and only aquired Albert Lowe as a dad later. I've looked at Albert Lowe marriages in the Sheffield area after her birth, looked at the various possible bride names and then checked for Sarah Ellen on the GRO index with any of those surnames. Guess what???!!!...................there were no matches! lol

Comment

I think you may be right merry....

There were many things we didnt know about her so maybe this is something else ....

Comment

Merry, thanks for that I had been looking for Arthur so have deleted my post so as not to confuse any further in what looks like a difficult search.
                                      Margaret

Comment

Thanks for your time anyway Margaret.

Comment

Working...
                                        X