New Zealand BDM are online now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand BDM are online now

Could someone add this to the Wiki for me please if it isn't already there.

New Zealand BDM are now online.

MACPANDA'S FAMILY **Please click in**

Thanks for the info.

There are a few rellies who disappeared in NZ. Now I might track them down.
    Kit

Comment

Seems to be poorly at the mo.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Uncle John....................did you enter the correct info???

I only ask this because I sat there calling it names until I realised I was entering the date incorrectly.....lol

*******please don't let me be the only dimwit here******

Comment

I have just added it to the wiki, on NZ page

can someone try it from there please, see I have entered it correctly
          Jess

Comment

All good, Jess......thanks for that.

Comment

I clicked on it, Jess, but it's just taking forever to load the page, but I would think that's because their server is overloaded rather than a problem with your link.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Now it's loaded - wow, they even have stillbirths on there! It says "stillbirths that occurred over 50 years ago", so there could be lots of elderly ladies whose descendants will discover they had a stillborn child by searching on there - not sure what a good idea that is, to be honest.
                KiteRunner

Comment

I noticed that, too. The NSW index has still births in the death section so even later than that. Found my aunt had a stilborn son and wonder how she feels as nobody seemed to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                    Uncle John....................did you enter the correct info???

I only ask this because I sat there calling it names until I realised I was entering the date incorrectly.....lol

*******please don't let me be the only dimwit here******
                    No, I did that too

It seems really pointless to force you to include a day and month.

Comment

I'm just putting in 01/01/yyyy to 31/12/yyyy. Unfortunately I knew the name of the father of the children I was searching for but not their mother's name, so I'm having to go through looking for his name in the list of search results as you can only put mother's first name in the search form.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

I'm just putting in 01/01/yyyy to 31/12/yyyy.
                        Yes, me too - it just annoys me to have to do all that extra typing to no purpose.

Comment

THank you for telling us that these are now up and running, I have been checking from time to time, but forgot this week. Already I found one KERR who I have only recorded as "Baby" Kerr from her burial - her registered name was Lily !!
                          Di
                          Diane
                          Sydney Australia
                          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

It doesn't seem to show any details of the districts, is that right? Though luckily my NZ rellies had unusual first names, or at least the branch I'm doing at the moment did.
                            KiteRunner

Comment

I find stillbirths sad but I do put them in my tree. I like to recognise those babies, they were part of my family even if they didn't live. I also think it shows a bit more what our ancestors went through.
                              Kit

Comment

Oh yes, Kit, I'm just wondering why they picked 50 years as the cutoff?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

If it's anything like here it will be something to do with identity theft or fraud. Australian certs are legal documents and can be used as identification. I suspect NZ ones would be the same.
                                  Kit

Comment

Kit, what I meant was, why did they decide to put up stillbirths from 50 years ago? I would have thought they would be better to make the cut off point for those something like 80 years.
                                    KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                      No, I did that too

It seems really pointless to force you to include a day and month.
                                      Guess there are lots of ways the site can be improved....but hey, it's great to have yet another online resource

Beverley

Comment

Kate they are probably just making them the same as deaths.
                                        Kit

Comment

Working...
                                        X