help to read bdm please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help to read bdm please

Hi Can someone please help I have looked on ancestry and found a marriage for Herbert Ball to Ward july-sept 1935 can anyone tell what ref nos :(
    are please

Thankyou Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

HI Jebbo

I read it as 7b 1355
    WendyP

Comment

It's not good is it?!!

Could be 7b 1353 (that's from the Ward page!), but more opinions needed.

I think the threes are right, it's just whether the five is also a three?!

Comment

Looking at the corresponding spouse entry (though that also isn't too clear), I agree with WendyP: Gwendoline M Ward married Ball, Bingham, 7b 1355

Richard

Edit: yes the 5's could be 3's also. Put in a note on the "reference check" to that effect when you order the cert.
        Last edited by Richard in Perth; 26-02-09, 01:32.

Comment

I was going to sugest what Richard has about the ref check.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            I was going to sugest what Richard has about the ref check.
            Or apply to the local register office, where you won't need the reference at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
              Or apply to the local register office, where you won't need the reference at all.
              BUT you will have to know which register it's in (the particular church or the register office or the registar's "travelling register" if he/she attended the wedding.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I would say 1355.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thankyou all for your help yes the 3's and 5's are very hard to read , will order cert and as you say and add note on ref check .
                  Thanks again appreciate your help
                  jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
                  Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
                  ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                  X