Grace Evelyn OSBORNE - BRISTOL. UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace Evelyn OSBORNE - BRISTOL. UK

Does anybody know what became of Grace Evelyn OSBORNE, b.1905 Bristol? Her Birth is Reg. in Apr-Jun Qtr 1905.

She would have been my Dad's cousin.

I've just discovered her on the 1911 Census living in Easton, Bristol.
    Her father is Charles Osborne, a Chocolate maker and he has remarried in Ap-Jun Qtr 1907 to Alice HAGGETT.

Grace Evelyn Osborne is down on the 1911 census as a daughter, "Former Marriage".

I have the marriage certificate of Charles George Osborne aged 23 and Eliza Mary DAVISs aged 23 (Eliza is my Dad's aunty) They married in Nov 1901 Bristol. Charles Osborne is recorded as a Confectioner on the marriage cert.

Eliza Mary Osborne nee Davis died in Jul-Sep 1905 Bristol. (I'm awating her death cert).

With my Davis family I seem to take 1 step forward and 2 back!
    teresa

This could be her marriage

Marriages Sep 1927
    Kennett Sidney C Parker Bristol 6a 564
    OSBORNE Grace E PHILLIS Bristol 6a 564 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Parker Elizabeth S Kennett Bristol 6a 564
    Phillis Joseph C Osborne Bristol 6a 564 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and this her death:

Name: Grace Evelyn Phillis
    Birth Date: 24 Mar 1905
    Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 1988
    Age at death (estimated): 83
    Registration district: Bristol
    Inferred County: Gloucestershire
    Volume: 22
    Page: 865

She was born in Q1, but her birth could easily have been registered in Q2.

Comment

Ancestry's "complete" birth index 1916-2005 suggests they had two sons who could easily still be living.

Comment

Oooo Thanks Merry!
        teresa

Comment

The Death Certificate of who I thought was my Dad's aunty, Eliza Mary Osborne (nee Davis) arrived, she died at the age of 27, Sep 1905 of Pulmonary Odemea?

The informant was her Widow - Charles Edwin Osborne, Confectioner's labourer of 21 Narroway's Rd, Stapleton, Bristol.

My Eliza Mary Davis married Charles George Osborne, a confectioner.

Do you think this is my Dad's aunty's death certificate?

The only reason I was looking for her death is because her Father William Davis had filled out the 1911 census form incorrectly and included all of his children, inluding the ones that were married and those that died. He states "Eliza Mary Davis, Married, Died".

I've also received some of the others that he had "Died" written against their names and they are correct.

I am going to order the birth certificate of Grace Evelyn Osborne just to see who her mother was......even if it means another wasted fee.

Anybody else haveing trouble tracing their Davis's from Bristol or is it just me????
          teresa

Comment

Bingo! Merry Does it Again!

Evelyn Osborne's birth certificate arrived to day, DOB 24 Mar 1905.
            It also confirms her mother is my Dad's Aunt, Eliza Mary Davis!

So Merry's searches seem to prove that she married:
            Marriages Sep 1927

OSBORNE Grace E PHILLIS Bristol 6a 564 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Phillis Joseph C Osborne Bristol 6a 564 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And her DOB matches the Death record.

Many Thanks.. Merry!
            teresa

Comment

Yes Grace Evelyn Osborne was my grandmother. She married Joseph Phillis and had two sons. Please contact me for more details. (Grace Hopkins nee Phillis).

Comment

hopgrace, have you pm'd (private messaged) kathsgirl.48? just click on her name, and the option comes up. next time she logs in, she will the message, as she may not see her thread. sorry if you know this already! :D

Comment

Thanks for that information. I am new to the site. I just found my Gran was being researched by Kath and I have tried to send a private message for her. I will try again in the next few days if she does not reply. It must be fantastic for someone to get a direct name and a relative reply? Not sure if I am doing everything right here as I only logged in as a member so that I could contact Kath about my Granmother! Thanks again! - Grace

Comment

Well now you're here have a look around the site and see what's here.

There's a huge lot of information on the tutorials, the wiki and forums.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                    X