Aaahgggghhh! Where did they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaahgggghhh! Where did they go?

I'm trying to find out what happened to a particular couple, but they are being very difficult!

In Q1 1858 Noble NESBITT married Margaret SAVAGE in Newcastle upon Tyne district.

They were both b abt 1837, Noble in Alnwick Northumberland and Margaret in Ireland.

In 1861 they are together with Margaret's parents in Newcastle Upon Tyne. They have a son called Thomas b Newcastle aged 2 (reg Q1 1859)

In 1864 Noble placed a notice in the local paper, thus:

Take notice that I, Noble Nesbitt, of Blandford Street, Newcastle, Joiner, will not be responsible for any Debts which my Wife, Margaret Nesbitt, may Contract after this Date. Dated this 31st Day of March 1864.

After that they all vanish!

Until.......1901.

Noble Nesbitt widower 64 b Alnwick
    Sarah Ann Nesbitt dau single 36 b Newcastle upon Tyne

I can't find Noble or Margaret or the children Thomas or Sarah Ann in between at all.

Sarah Ann seems to have been registered for birth in Q3 1864.

Noble Nesbitt died in 1909.

1891 in Scotland
    Parish: Yetholm; ED: 1; Page: 1; Line: 10;
    Sarah A Nesbitt b1865
    father Noble
    Elaine

Comment

Amongst the many possible scenarios are Margaret leaving Noble, Noble using a different forename, Sarah not being Margaret's daughter and Nesbitt being misspelt.

It's a long way from a census, but I'd be curious to see Sarah's birth certificate, to see how many details are as expected.
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thanks Elaine!

Yes Phoenix, those were the things I was wondering about, plus that Noble plus any of them might have gone abroad, so I suppose Elaine finding him in Scotland is sort of overseas?!!! lol

Thanks again......

Comment

Can't see anything else apart from the Scottish 1891.
          Elaine

Comment

It may not help, but there's a 6-year-old Noble Nesbitt living with parents Thomas and Jane and siblings in South Shields in 1871. Father Thomas is aged 40, from Alnwick.

Comment

Hmmm, yes, I saw those. Thanks Mary.

I'm just starting a tree for a friend and this is the first time I've looked at it. I expect all the Noble Nesbitt entries will fall into place eventually.

Comment

I suppose you've already noticed, but there are quite a few people in the Newcastle area with the hyphenated surname Noble-Nesbitt.

Comment

Those will all be my friend's relations

Comment

Working...
                  X