Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could anyone have a go at dating this this please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could anyone have a go at dating this this please.

This is my gg grandparents.

The photo was taken in England but I don't know when.

James Ketley born 1824
    Eliza Tunbridge born 1830
    They married in 1849
    James died 1895
    Eliza died 1904

Their son, William, came to Australia in 1874. He had the photo although we don't know if he brought it with him or it was sent later.

Thanks.

I'm willing to be corrected, but I think that this was taken for him to take with him when he went out to Australia.

Comment

Thanks Barbara.............I've never dated an English photo from clothing. I'm OK at Australian ones but while we seemed to be a long way ahead of England with photography, I think our fashion would have probably been behind Englands.

This fellow was an ag lab from Essex so I think it looks like Sunday best.

Comment

i would say early 1800,s brenda xxx

Comment

I am definitely no expert but they both look about 50 so probably taken before he left, as Barbara says.
          Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

A rough guess would be about 1870ish.

Comment

Thanks........that's what I was hoping.

I think that might put to bed the story that William ran away from home.

Comment

Working...
              X