Missing Smith!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Smith!

I am trying to find a Cecil (John) Smith. I have a picture of him in the early 1880's when he is about 4, and then nothing (I had assumed he had died young) until he turns up as the administrator of his sister Lucy Smith's estate in 1946. He isn't with his family in 1891 in Aston Birmingham and by 1901 the family is split up as their parents are dead but I can't find any matches for him at all or in 1911.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Clare
    Clare

Have you located a birth record for him?

He could be with grandparents in the censuses. Have you tried them?
    Tracy

Comment

There are quite a few birth records in Aston for that period and I've not been able to narrow them down enough to request a cert. I'm pretty certain that the grandparents are all dead by 1891 but will double check.
      Clare

Comment

Have looked and I think they are dead by 1891 and checked the census and they don't look to be on there
        Clare

Comment

In the will, is he down as Cecil or John?
          Are you sure he's definitely her brother?
          Tracy

Comment

There are some educated (!!) assumptions in this. They were my nan's aunt and uncle, that is what my nan told my mum before she died and we have a picture of them together.

She is a spinster when she died and he took out the grant of letters of administration, I am assuming that this is because he is her brother and as such her closest relative.

These two things seem to support each other but I have no idea why he wasn't with his parents, or who he was with
            Clare

Comment

Working...
            X