Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone help me with trees on Ancestry please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone help me with trees on Ancestry please.

I've not used or really looked at other peoples trees on ancestry before but I have found a Taylor/Bowes/Spurs/Howells family tree which has some Dunns in that look interesting to me (particularly Edward Dunn bc1872).

Link: http://trees.ancestry.com.au/pt/person.aspx?tid=1206306&results=100&resultstab2=10 0&tab=1&pid=-1973270691

Rather than contact the owner I would first like to look at the tree and see how/where the Dunns connect to the rest of the tree.

Please could someone help find the connection.

I can't get in via that link, but I don't think you can ever see the whole tree on Ancestry, only one person at a time, assuming it is a public tree. Will check on the UK site
    Lynn

Comment

Right I have found the tree you were looking at. If you click on it, you can get details of Edward & one of the boxes above his details says family tree, which gives you a 5 generation pedigree. Otherwise it is just a case of clicking on the options & seeing what comes up.
      Hope that makes sense
      Lynn

Comment

John, there is no way of seeing the whole tree at once. You can see a few more generations in the form of an ancestor chart by clicking on the Family Tree tab but that´s about all.
        Elaine

Comment

Thankyou Lynn & Elaine. So it looks like I will have to follow every Dunn and their spouse in every Dunn generation to see where the links take me. Oh well, this could take some time, maybe it would be easier to contact the owner.

Comment

If you think you might recognise some of your Dunn names, then you can get a list of individuals in that tree - it´s towards the top right of the screen if I remember rightly!
            Elaine

Comment

It seems the only child of William Dunn and Jane Pickering to have any descendents listed is Mercy Dunn who married a Robert Robinson and they had two children Robert W Robinson and Frederick F Robinson.

The family line stops there.

Click on William Dunn profile then click on the Family Tree and then click Family on the line below. It then shows all the children and any descendents. You can then make anyone be the main person by clicking on each name/profile box - you can travel all over the family connections.

I'm not sure I've explained myself properly sorry...

It seems that the Dunns seem to stop at Mercy Dunn and Robert Robinson but if you click on Jane Pickering's father the tree starts expanding and if you look at Joseph his son he is married to a Hannah Taylor I expect if you follow her through she is an ancestor of the tree holder unless its a completely different Taylor family.
              Last edited by Guest; 22-02-09, 07:56.

Comment

Thanks again Elaine, I shall have a look and a play.

Many thanks to you too maggie, I think I understand what you're saying. Busy clicking and looking now.

Comment

Sorry John I was editing my post as I was going.

I think Hannah is a sister of one the tree holders male ancestors perhaps.

I love that bit of Ancestry tree I use it all the time otherwise its impossible to travel the connections.

Comment

Thanks maggie, I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Will have a look. :D:D

Comment

Working...
                    X