Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site ???

I'm trying to search on Findmypast I logged in okay then when I tried to do a search it said Internet explorer cannot open the internet site Findmypast
    Operation aborted ????????????

Hmm I always have trouble with internet explorer. I advice to download firefox you will find it a lot quicker and run smoother.
    Keep in touch with your family - Bring Family

Comment

Works OK for me using Firefox & IE, Val. Sure it's not just a temporary glitch?
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Val, I wonder if some of the problems that you are having are anything to do with Talktalk/AOL.
        I have only been with them ten days and it has been one problem after another. I remember years ago I avoided anything to do with AOL as it was a problem. I did check with Talktalk that I was buying a service without AOL and was assured that it was not their linked service as I told you in my pm. By the way I have deleted that will send the content by another means.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
          Val, I wonder if some of the problems that you are having are anything to do with Talktalk/AOL.
          I have only been with them ten days and it has been one problem after another. I remember years ago I avoided anything to do with AOL as it was a problem. I did check with Talktalk that I was buying a service without AOL and was assured that it was not their linked service as I told you in my pm. By the way I have deleted that will send the content by another means.
          Don't sound like an issue with the ISP, don't hold me to that if I am wrong but sounds like the operating server or browser.

Comment

thanks for your replies I always use IE on there and never had the problem before
            I actually find Firefox really slow for me ??? never did work out why .
            I know what you mean Margaret ever since they have UPGRADED lol my connection its worse LOL

Comment

This reminds me greatly of why I left windows in the dust and moved to a mac. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. Make sure you clear your cache and everything that often speeds it up a bit.

Comment

this is a brand new Laptop and hasnt hardly been used yet so shouldnt really need things cleared out
                I was thinking of a mac but they are expensive arent they ????

Comment

Hi Val,

Its always you with problems :D

have you tried log out and log back in Val? and also try to log in with Firefox to see if you have same problem?

Comment

[QUOTE=Britec;1594136]Hi Val,

Its always you with problems :D

yes it does look like it doesnt it ?? but the others just dont like to admit theirs LOL

Comment

I use IE...never had a problem with any site
                      I am a TT customer.............never had a connection problem

The times that you do get an aborted reply is when YOUR PC requests a connection with the site, but the REPLY is not received back.

Picture the M25 and a truck running back and forth with these messages
                      if, somewhere in the journey there is a large blockage and the message takes too long to get back to you, then YOUR pc will 'time out' on waiting for the reply and tell you with that message.

One really bad example is Facebook
                      Connect attempts at Home, my father's and at work (THREE different ISPs), have repeated time outs.

Sometimes it is just one of those things, too busy a server will cause this, a problem on your connection line (crackles) will cause this,

Trev

Researching:
                      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks Trevor gave up in the end but will try again today

Comment

Working...
                        X