Lost Cousins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Cousins

Lost Cousins have just sent me this link for their newsletter.

There's often quite interesting items in it.

Also if you join lost cousins and submit 1881 census information for your rellies there's a chance someone else might match with you.

I must admit haven't looked for awhile but think they added the matches for1841 census too.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

I've had all my census info on their since it started and the only contacts that have ever come up are folk I was already in contact with :D I live in hope though
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I had what I thought was a good match and replied, but never got an answer. This was over a year ago.

I must admit, I got the same email and deleted it without reading. I don't look at the lost cousins site anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
        I had what I thought was a good match and replied, but never got an answer. This was over a year ago.

I must admit, I got the same email and deleted it without reading. I don't look at the lost cousins site anymore.

Same here Margaret. I've never had any contacts at all.:( I too just delete the e-mail without reading it.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I joined also but have never had a match.
          The idea, in theory, is quite good though but I never really look at the site now.
          herky
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Now that the FTF gedcom database has reached critical mass, I'd think there's more chance of a match here.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Not sure what you mean by that, Uncle John. Surely there are loads more people listed on Lost Cousins than there are on our GEDCOM?
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I find more 'lost cousins' by them coming across my website on the Pursgloves of Sussex than any of these pay sites.

Even found one that was in the street next to me when I grew up and we did not even know we were related until she sent a message to my site's email address.

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                  Not sure what you mean by that, Uncle John. Surely there are loads more people listed on Lost Cousins than there are on our GEDCOM?
                  Just that I've noticed an increasing number of people reporting family connections. A bit unscientific, since I don't know how many connections Lost Cousins throws up.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The only thing I have to thank for my new "connections" is google...and a reasonably unusual surname which didn't bring up many results!
                    Clare

Comment

Lost Cousins is the only site I have ever had a connection with one of MY blood relations. All the other connections I've had from internet sites are my OH's family

Actually, thinking hard about it, I fibbed, :o - I have also had a connection with my 2nd cousin twice removed in Canada, whose 5 year old message on RootsWeb I answered.
                      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 22-02-09, 21:50.
                      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Never had a match, either.

Comment

Working...
                        X