Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is James Handley Wooldridge?

Hi everyone,

I need help finding out information for a 'relative'.

I have found the will index for Mary Ann Wooldridge, who died in 1863. It says the administrator of the will was James H Wooldridge of Birmingham.

Mary Ann was a spinster, and none of her brother's survived beyond the age of 5. So who is James H Wooldridge?

I have found via the GRO that there was a James Handley Wooldridge, who married in the Kings Norton district in 1841. This is the right area for the Wooldridge family, and is the only James H from around the Birmingham area.

The GRO also shows James Handley Wooldridge's death. He died in 1892 at the Cleobury Mortimer district. Aged 92.

I have tried, and failed to find him on any of the census', so now I turn to the forum for help!!

Tippin
    Families Intrested in
    Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Possible for 1861

RG9; Piece: 1847; Folio: 52; Page: 15

Possible for 1871

RG10; Piece: 2738; Folio: 47; Page: 17

I'll keep looking for other years.

Jane

Comment

?? 1881
      RG11; Piece: 2626; Folio: 52; Page: 3
      transcribed as Worbridge
      Elaine

Comment

CanĀ“t see him in 1891.
        Elaine

Comment

1891 (transcribed as Wooldridge, living in Cleobury Mortimer reg. district):

Class: RG12; Piece: 2091; Folio 114; Page 11

Comment

Marriages Jun 1862
            Tomlinson Emma Wolverhampton 6b 565
            Wooldridge James Wolverhampton 6b 565

Comment

The Wolverhampton marriages are online:

Family History Sources - Wolverhampton History

The James Wooldridge who married Emma Tomlinson was a widower, farmer, aged 58, son of Josiah Wooldridge, farmer.

Who were Mary Ann's parents?

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for that. I have no idea who Josiah Wooldridge was.

Mary Ann's father was Thomas Wooldridge, who was keeper of the prison in Birmingham. I have no brother's for Thomas, so perhaps Josiah was his brother.

I will have to look into this one more. But at least I now know how James was.

Thanks all.
                Families Intrested in
                Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Working...
                X