• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMD Index confused

Hi

Can anyone help with an index?

I am looking for a marriage for Annie Knock b 1877 Abertillery Wales
    When i search BMD i find only one entry for 1904 Pontypool Wales which i am 99% sure is her.

Now for the confusion

There are two female names and only one male

Any suggestions ( apart from a harem lol)

Thanks
    Marie
    My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
    Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

The other name hasn't been transcribed yet.

Are you looking for any particular name to match hers, or just looking to see who the possibles are?
    Tracy

Comment

The only way to be certain which is her husband is to send for the certificate in her name..............and hope that there are not two husbands on there!
      Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Thanks for that

I am just looking for possibles at the moment but think i will have to send for Cert now just to see if there are two lol

Thanks again
        Marie
        Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

If you search on freebmd from 1911 on for births where the mothers name is Knock, but leave the box blank for the childs surname, you will find three Evans children born at Pontypool between 1911 and 1914. John Evans is the single male listed on the same page as Annie Knock when she married at Pontypool in 1904 and, according to freebmd, that is the only entry on the site for a potential Evans/Knock marriage 1895-1915.
          Sally is absolutely right in saying that only sight of Annie Knock's marriage certificate will show her husband for certain but, before you order her certificate, do any of the Evans children's names born at Pontypool 1911-1914 have family connections?

Just a thought.

Merleyone

Comment

The missing groom is Fred Tudgay - the FreeBMD transcriber wasn't sure of the page number. Hope that helps. Sorry but it's too late at night for me to try to figure out who married whom!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There is a birth on FreeBMD Pontypool Dec 1911 11a 368 for Simeon J Evans, mothers maiden name Knock.
              Robert

Comment

It could just be a coincidence, of course, since Evans is such a common name.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

But Knock isn't!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks for all that
                    Simeon was a very strong family name, so that could well be a match.
                    I have also got some refs for the other births betweeen 1911 and 1914 but will have to wait for the marriage cert to be sure im on the right track

Thanks again
                    Marie
                    Last edited by mariescott64; 23-02-09, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X