Charfield Parish Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charfield Parish Records

I'm hoping to find someone with access to parish records in Charfield, Glos. My gr gr gr grandfather William Fisher was born there in about 1805 - 1807. I would not be surprised if his father was called William too - his son and his grandson were all Williams! And his descendants were farmers or somehow connected with agriculture.

Maybe his father was Samuel. I can't find a baptism (the Glos Baptism Index CD starts in 1813), but Samuel Fisher married Mary Fowler at Charfield on 19th January 1804 – William's parents, perhaps?

No sign of any post-1813 baptisms to these parents, anywhere in Glos, or any Fisher baptisms at Charfield.

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

There's an IGI extracted entry for William's baptism (parents Samuel & Mary) at Charfield in November 1804.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

thanks for this - from IGI i've now got a christening in Charfield for William Fisher on 4 November 1804- parents Samuel and Mary Fisher; marriage as you say of Samuel Fisher and Mary Fowler on 19 Jan 1804; a christening of Mary Fowler on 24 Jan 1788 - parents William and Elizabeth Fowler; and 2 possible fathers for William Fowler through the christening of 2 different Williams - one in 1755 to a Nicholas Fowler and another on 18 March 1756 to a William Fowler.

Cos this is all from the IGI - and I am not sure that I can trust it - I am wondering whether someone out there has access to the parish records for Charfield. I have been able to verify the Samuel Fisher and M ary Fowler marriage through one kind reply but not the rest.

Please help me if you can!!!!!!!!! I don't want to start tracing someone else's family tree!!!

Cheers

Joy

and thanks for being so supportive - this is a great community!!

Comment

Originally posted by fisher View Post
          Cos this is all from the IGI - and I am not sure that I can trust it - I am wondering whether someone out there has access to the parish records for Charfield. I have been able to verify the Samuel Fisher and Mary Fowler marriage through one kind reply but not the rest.
          Extracted entries are generally more reliable than submitted entries, though there is still a risk of mistranscription. You could view the film of the PRs at a LDS centre of your choice.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I'll be on the phone to the LDS near us tomorrow!

thank you for your advice

Comment

Working...
            X