Missing marriage entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing marriage entry

I am searching for the marriage of Elizabeth Smith to ? Long. One of the entries has the groom missing, is there anyway I can find him?

The ref is 1893 Caistor Q2 7a 1465. When I put the ref in it just brings up Elizabeth again.

This woman is drivng me crazy, I can't find her married or unmarried on 1901. I only know her married name from her fathers death cert dated 1931. (assuming he is married and not just using her partners name)

I have tried allsorts, even assuming she was married/widowed when she married Long, but none of the marriages I've found for her match up to the 1901 census.

And I was so happy when I got the death cert through yesterday, hey ho.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Can't see anyone called Long marrying in Caister 2nd qtr 1893

nor the reference number either
    Last edited by JBee; 20-02-09, 10:50.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
      I am searching for the marriage of Elizabeth Smith to ? Long. One of the entries has the groom missing, is there anyway I can find him?

The ref is 1893 Caistor Q2 7a 1465. When I put the ref in it just brings up Elizabeth again.

This woman is drivng me crazy, I can't find her married or unmarried on 1901. I only know her married name from her fathers death cert dated 1931. (assuming he is married and not just using her partners name)

I have tried allsorts, even assuming she was married/widowed when she married Long, but none of the marriages I've found for her match up to the 1901 census.

And I was so happy when I got the death cert through yesterday, hey ho.
      I can't see a marriage for anyone named Long in Caistor for that year & quarter, sorry.

Joanie

Comment

no, me neither. I just don't know what way to turn with this one. Maybe I'll put it away for another day, but you know how it is when you get a new lead/piece of info...
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

I'm at work, so no time to do it, but, put the quarter & Caistor in to see what the page nos are. I suspect the ref you have may be wrong.
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

If you look at the image for that marriage it looks like Vol 7a page 1445. That comes up for Ellis Ayre and Elizabeth Ann Smith
            Jackie

Comment

Thanks guys, one more to discount.
              Jules

Comment

Maybe she married more than once, so she was Mrs Something-else in 1901 and became Mrs Long between then and her father's death in 1931?

EDIT: Oh, you said that! lol
                Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 20-02-09, 19:59.

Comment

Which one is she in 1891?

Comment

Working...
                  X