WiKi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiKi

I am really sorry if this is a stupid question, but I truly do not know what WiKi is. I have seen it mentioned and something about pages being unlocked. But can someone please explain what WiKi is. Bet its really obvious when you know.

Linda:o
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Linda.............it's a reference library.

Click on it and have a look around. You can always get back to where you started. You won't be locked in there forever, although I have spent a few hours there myself.....

If you get stuck, just yell.

Comment

Sorry...............I didn't mention that you just click on "The Wiki" in the blue line above.

Comment

Linda

The Wiki is like a huge library of everything you could ever want to know about every aspect of researching your tree. there are over 4,000 pages of information in there and more added daily.

Click on the Wiki link above, on the blue bar, and have a play with it...you cannot break it!

OC

Comment

See, I knew it would be easy once I was told.

Off to play. If I'm not back in an hour, unlock the door.

Many thanks.

Linda:D

PS I have dipped my toe over there and it is outstanding. Just seen the time, so must retire to bed. Will jump in tomorrow.

Thanks again.
          Last edited by Linda from Murton; 20-02-09, 00:01.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Linda,

there is no such thing as a stupid question!
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Linda, join the club - I am a dumbo too, but just remember that this site is not like some of the others. Nobody here is going to make fun of anyone who asks for help, as long as it's genuine. Keep asking, and you will always find a kind answer.
              Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Working...
              X