Why can't I find her death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I find her death

I just cannot find my G Grandmothers death.Surely you can't get away with not registering a death.

She is Ann Russell.
    I've found her in the 1911 census aged 75 living at 108 Cowley Street, Cable Street which I believe is Mile End .
    She has always lived in that area.
    At her age you wouldn't think it would be too difficult but ,no Ican't find her.
    Any help would be appreciated.

June

Where have you been looking, June? If you are using FreeBMD then there are quite a few quarters not yet complete for deaths....see here:

FreeBMD : Coverage

Comment

Have you checked the indexes quarter by quarter or just looked on FreeBMD, June?

Also it could be that her death was registered but didn't make it onto the GRO indexes.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi June

Is it possible that she moved in with any of her children prior to her death? Have you also checked the areas where they lived for her death, just in case? That happened with several of mine.

Joanie

Comment

Why can't you find her?

because she is misindexed, because she didn't die in England or Wales, because she married late, because the informant gave the wrong information.

Is this a possible:

Deaths Jun 1927 Russell Ann 94 Stepney 1c page 275

Stepney is next door to Mile End and although her age is out by 3 years (depending on when her birthday was) this might be an easy mistake for the informant to make.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Wow thanks for your help.

I have been looking on FreeBMD But I suppose I didn't think she would live much longer.
            She was living with her daughter in 1911 but, Little Nell, I think that could be her in 1927. The age is slightly out but we all know that can happen. I think it's worth sending for the certificate.

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know the result.

June

Comment

I received the death certificate today and it is her. She died at home and her daughter was present at her death.
              Thank you Little Nell and everyone else.

June

Comment

Working...
              X