Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915-2005 births on ancestry

Have been looking for 2 birth records on ancestry
    all I have is mothers maiden name " ( Gwen May) Ward " we know childrens names are name removed in case still living and Elizabeth , just wondering are all birth records listed on this index?
    have checked marriages in time frame 1935-1940 when she would have married came up with surnames Carroll , Heath, Norris, powell, Triggol, Wood, Drayton, Thompson, Dunn, Fielden , Fletcher.
    Have checked above index re births and found only one surname "Ball " with both name removed in case still living and elizabeth listed mothers maiden name of Ward .
    We also know that Elizabeth died as infant, Have sent away for certs to check , but am wondering if all births are listed on this index

Jebbo
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 19-02-09, 08:10. Reason: name removed in case still alive

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Originally posted by jebbo View Post
    ... but am wondering if all births are listed on this index
    In theory I think the answer is yes.
    It should be a complete transcription of the images - however, being a transcription it is probably inevitable that there are some errors.
    Elaine

Comment

I have found it hard at times to find people who I know were born in England after 1915, my own father for one. I suspect your people are there but I don't think the search engine works properly.
      Kit

Comment

I seem to remember someone saying there was some confusions over counties - places like Portsmouth and Christchurch are showing up as being in the county of Sussex & Isle of Wight instead of Hampshire! :(
        Elaine

Comment

Jebbo, I've removed one of the names from your post as you didn't say whether he was still alive. If he is not then I can put it back in.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes thought when I noticed this index , it would make the search easier
            aghhh:(
            They are mums cousins she lost contact with them when she left uk in 1946
            So all I have to go on is that Gwen married after granddad died in 1935 and before mum married , and that Gwen's children were named after her grandparents , Thanks Kate for removing his name , not sure if he is still alive or not .
            Not confident on Ball theory found a Ball / Ward marriage in area in timeframe
            not with first name I was looking

Gwens family were from Nuneaton area

Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
            Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
            ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
            X