Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone helo with this marriage please

Hi

I have two people George Deighton born 1852 in Wigginton York and Eliza Myton (often spelt in variations of this or Mytom) born in 1853 in Elvington in York.

both are living in separate parish's in 1871 and their first daughter Ann Elizabeth was born in 1872.

They knew each other as George's brother Joseph married eliza's sister Mary ann in 1868. However i have never been able to find a marriage for George and Eliza and i cant understand why. They never moved out of the York district but moved around parish's. The only person not within their immediate family who appears on the census is a visitor although not managed to find any relation to them yet.

Unfortunatly as York is not yet on 1911 i cant see what information they have put for their marriage information and i have been unable to find any death reference that comes close to either of them (there was one in 1927 which i felt sure was certain but i go the cert today and its Joseph deightons third wife)

Other than the fact that it just hasnt been transcribed, why on earth would they not have married?

also not sure if it means anything but Ann Elizabeth was baptised
    Last edited by Lensgirl; 18-02-09, 18:11.
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

only had a quick look, but there is a George Deighton 1870 9d pg 61 marriage with only 2 other people on the page- i.e. another groom but only 1 bride listed? Have you checked that out?
    Also, when you say they are in separate parishes, do you mean she is 'Myton' in 1871?

Comment

This seems to be Eliza (Mightom) in 1871, and she's shown as unmarried:

Class: RG10; Piece: 4744; Folio: 5; Page: 3

Comment

Don't like the 1870 one now, looks like the other groom is the odd one...

Comment

Unfortunatly i have that marriage and its not the right one.

Yes thats the right Eliza, she is living in St Giles in York and George is in Osbaldwick
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I've had a good look, and I can't see a likely marriage.

Comment

Haven't managed to find the marriage but I have found possible deaths (I used Yorkshire BMD and then checked the images on Ancestry)

George Deighton Q/E March 1933 Age 81 York Vol 9d Page 36

Eliza Deighton Q/E March 1946 Age 93 York Vol 9c Page 1162
              Jackie

Comment

Working...
              X