Marriage Cert. for William and Ann Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Cert. for William and Ann Williams

I just rec. the birth cert. for William Williams born 4 Feb 1868 in Pontfract . His parrents are William williams (1836 in Oldbury, Worcestshire) and Ann Tatton (June 1841 Atherstone). They were married in Castleford in Mar 1867.On the birth cert. Wm is listed as a coalminer Susan was able to find that Ann is the child of Charles and Suzanne Tatton. That's all I have now. Still curious to find out more about William and his father.
    Last edited by wawarussell; 18-02-09, 18:08. Reason: wrong info

What is the name and occupation of William´s father?
    Elaine

Comment

I'm not sure. It could be William and I have no idea what his profession was. Maybe a coalminer, like his sons. That's where the problem lies. I have nothing to go on other than his son was born around 1836 possibly in Kidderminster, Worcesteshire.
      Sorry,
      charlotte

Comment

Does it not give his father´s name and occupation on the marriage certificate?
        Elaine

Comment

Elaine. please note i goofed up on the info i posted earlier. Talk about confused. Marriage cert. vs. birth cert. )-:. I guess my next step would be to order the marriage cert of Wm and Ann to see if his parents are listed. Is there any way I can find the info I need to order it?
          Please bear with this newbie. Have too many irons in the fire and I guess I need to do just one thing at a time.
          Thanks
          Charlotte

Comment

The info you need to order the certificate is:

Year 1867
            Quarter 1 (or Jan-Mar)
            Groom William Williams
            Bride Ann Tatton
            District Castleford
            Volume 9c
            Page 124

Register here (maybe you have done this already - in which case sign on here)

when you have completed your order the fee should be £7. If it's more you have done it wrong!! lol Make sure you say Yes when they ask of you have the GRO ref (that's the volume and page number, year and quarter)

Comment

I've just looked at the 1851 census and there's a William Williams b 1836 at Oldbury, but it's Oldbury in Shropshire rather than the one in Worcestershire (they are not the same place with a county boundary move - definitely separate places). So the Q is, is this the same William. Answer - probably!

Anyway, his father seems to be yet another William Williams b Sedgley, Staffordshire abt 1806. His wife is Mary Ann, but we don't know if she is Wm jrs mother yet.

1851 HO107; Piece: 2029; Folio: 163; Page: 44

Comment

The wedding cert. has been ordered.
                Charlotte

Comment

I wish you joy! MY gt x 2 grandfather, William Williams, was born pre-registration, has 3 different birth years and 5 different, but equally plausible, birthplaces on the 5 censuses on which he appears. I have 2 possible baptisms and he doesn't appear to have died!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Dear Little Nell,,Thanks for this note of encouragement. (-:.
                    Have a great day.
                    Charlotte
                    USA

Comment

My pleasure, Charlotte! You too!
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

William Willaims

Hi Nell,
                        Is it possible we are looking for the same Williams. If so maybe I should quit while I'm still ahead since you've gotten so many different stories. I know for certain my grandfather and his dad (both Wm. Williams) died in Oregon, USA. If you want to adopt them, I can give you the info then you can put your Williams tree to rest (-:
                        Have a great day,
                        Charlotte
                        Last edited by wawarussell; 20-02-09, 02:21.

Comment

Working...
                        X