X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with image please

RG9/755/83/24

14th person down is Jessy (should be Jesse) Butler, Boarder, Unmarried, 22

Can anyone read the adddress? I have looked at various web pages concerning Warfield, but cannot find anything even remotely like it.

Also I cannot make out the occupation. It is dittoed from the head of household's occupation.

Thanks in advance

Pete
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

What year is RG9 please, Pete? I know I should remember all those RG codes but I never can!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

RG9 is 1861
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Back Brook for the address ? The first word certainly looks like Back on other pages. Back Brook Warfield brings up results on google.

Can't make out the occupation.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Looks like Berks, Beedon (Parish in the hundred of Faircross according to Genuki)

Comment

Is the occupation Rakemaker?
            Heather

Comment

If only enumerators had been required to pass a handwriting test...

Rakemaker sounds right Heather, their next door neighbours are broomstick makers.
              Last edited by Jill on the A272; 18-02-09, 11:03.

Comment

Thanks for the help folks.

Rakemaker does seem likely; much of the family were involved with wood craft in one way or another from woodsmen to carpenters and broom makers.

As for the place I thought it was Back for the first word, but I have checked Back Brook Warfield and nothing that comes up on Google is actually relevant.

His place of birth is indeed Beedon in Berkshire; a tiny village in the C19th, it was the only way I managed to find him at all on the census as he was transcribed as Sury Butler!
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

Hi there
                  There is a Bull Brook in Warfield, a tributary of the Thames.
                  More info on Warfield here:
                  The Parish of Warfield
                  BW
                  Karen

Comment

Thanks for that Karen, sounds promising. I will investigate further.

P.S. Welcome to the forum
                    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Working...
                    X