How lucky am I.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How lucky am I.....?

Someone has just made contact with me and we share the same Great Grandparents.

He has just sent me photos of them. dated 1919. Also a photo of my Gran's brother's wedding dated 1923. I had never met them or seen photos of them so I am very excited.

He has lots of information that he is very kindly sharing with me and is very interested what happened to my Gran after she left Sussex and moved to London and then to Canada for 4 years. She seems to have lost touch with all her family after that

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 18-02-09, 07:32.

Fantastic news. I hope it puts the families back in touch.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Linda,
      Can I share in your excitement. I received a fabulous photo yesterday from a new contact who recently joined FTF.

This is Frederick, my greatgrandfather - a one armed butcher - who died in 1934 at the age of 80. He looks as if he was quite a character.

A big thankyou to Clare.
      Elaine

Comment

We're very glad we can share such lovely pictures and feel very lucky yo have them:D
        Clare

Comment

Great news for all of you. It's lovely when people can link up with others and both parties contribute different pieces of the jigsaw.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

My Grandmother was one of 14 siblings !

Last night I spoke to 2 new contacts - both descendants of different lines - actually 1st cousins to my father - so I spoke to one and she said, do you want the phone number to XYZ................er YES PLEASE ! :D I even got a WW2 story about my father when he was 6 !

And I got her details by sending a letter with address details from anther contact !

Never give up and always check your contacts !

Comment

I am pleased for you Linda isnt it exciting ??and Elaine what a wonderful Photo
              I have been very lucky lately too.

Comment

What lovely replies. Thanks for letting us see your photo as well. ELAINE I wonder if your relative Frederick was one armed before he became a butcher or after!!!!!!

Hope you all have some luck too

Linda
                Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 18-02-09, 15:34.

Comment

I'm really hoping when they disclose the final column of the 1911 it will tell us when he lost is arm as we have no idea at the moment!
                  Clare

Comment

Hi Linda,
                    I'm really pleased for you - especially about the photos. I have had few instances where a relative and I have got in contact through the tree and have swapped photos, it is wonderful and makes all the names and dates come to life. I think you can tell a lot about a person in a photograph.

Hi Elaine - I just love the pic of Frederick and I think he looks as if he would be full of fun and mischief. ;)
                    Such a great hobby!
                    herky
                    herky
                    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I made contact with a relative before Christmas. She's been able to send me pictures of my Nana's great-grandmother, a lady who I only had a very badly damaged photo of before.
                      My contact is actually of the same generation as my nana, but slightly younger than my mother.

And you've reminded me that I want to try and make contact with my cousin's widow to see if she still has family photos that were given to her.
                      Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

It's like winning the lottery isn't it? Congratulations to everyone who has recently found photos of their relatives.
                        Kit

Comment

i recently borrowed a folder of info from my grandmother about a branch of the family. in it are some lovely photo's of nearly every ancestor from that tree. but seeing as they were australian, im very proud to have them, as my mother who is english, has a handful of her grandparents born in the early 1900's and nothing else.

the photo's in a folder were 'rescued' by grandma. she says she was visiting a cousin, and noticed a bunch of old photo's and pots in a box by the door. she asked what the cousin was doing with them, and she replied she was throwing them out!! imagine the horror!! grandma nearly had a heart attack and commandeered the box to her car. i cant imagine throwing out photo's that date from the 1850's. there were also postcards, letters, death cards, photo's, and even reminders from the doctor to have there children immunised!!

Comment

Working...
                          X