Looking for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for...

An American friend's mother has asked if I can help to find a childhood penpal. I have her name and age (75 - I found her birth record at Ancestry), plus the address she lived at as a child in Nottinghamshire. Obviously, she may still be alive and has probably married, so I don't want to post details on a public forum. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might search? Preferably for free! I've tried Friends Reunited without success and did get some hits at 192.com, but I can't really afford to buy credits there.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Hello Lorry,

you could try to find out the name of the newspaper local to the area where the woman grew up and send a letter to their letters page asking if anyone knows her?
    Rose

Comment

It would most likely be the Nottingham Evening Post:

thisisnottingham - local news, sport and entertainment
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks, Rosie & KiteRunner. Those would certainly be avenues to explore.

I've also found a couple of local forums she could try.
        Last edited by lorry53; 18-02-09, 17:35.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Lorry, if it happened to be in the Newark area you can contact the Newark Advertiser. They will print a letter for you.
          Rose

Comment

Working...
          X