Trouble with Family Historian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Family Historian?

After reading through a few threads on here, I decided to take the 30 free trial. I am currently trying to install it, but I keep getting an McAfee error message:
    Trojan Quarantined
    You can restore quarantined files from the Restore pane in SecurityCenter.

About this Trojan
    Detected: Generic!Artemis (Trojan)
    Quarantined From: C:\Program Files\Family Historian\Program\is-JTIB7.tmp

Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your computer.
    Has anyone else come across this? Is it still ok for me to use (once I get it installed!!)

I'm using Vista with the latest McAfee software.
    Tracy

Never come across that :( Did you get the trial from an official site?

You could ask on the Family Historian User Group forum. Family Historian User Group - Home Page

Anne

Comment

Sounds like McAfee is getting stressed. Like Anne, I didn't have that problem, but I'm using XP and don't have McAfee installed! I would ask the Family Historian User Group as Anne suggests - they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Comment

Yes, Anne, I got it from the 'official' site. Will try that link. Thanks
        Tracy

Comment

Ah - looks like you've got your answer on FHUG! Simon Orde says it has been reported to McAfee as a false positive. I guess you can go ahead and use the trial now! Hope you enjoy it!

Anne

Comment

If I could install it, I would lol
            Tracy

Comment

Some things you can try... before trying to install, run your antivirus and clean everything. Get Adaware free version
              Get Ad-Aware Plus for Free with Lavasoft and TrialPay - Lavasoft
              and run it... clean everything.
              Restart computer... Download the trial from its original site and SAVE it in your computer.
              Turn of your Antivirus and Adaware too... Try to install it then. If it does, turn antivirus and adaware on...
              Tell me if it works
              Mosha
              Researching:
              Cantu, Chapa, Leal, in Mexico. Schroeder, Schröder, Ehrlich, Schnapp, Kubeczka, Schmeizerle in Germany and Central Europe, Czeck Republik... perhaps someone lost in USA.

Using:
              Legacy Family Tree and The Master Genealogyst

Comment

Working...
              X