Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer not recognising printer is online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer not recognising printer is online.

Any experts around? My printer was telling me the waste ink was full. I've found the sequence of buttons to press etc to over-ride this - eventually - but now when I try to print out a m/s doc the computer says the printer is offline.

I've reset it to 'use printer online' and gone through all the troubleshooter options, but it still won't print from the computer. :( It will copy ok, but I'm stumped with regard to the computer not recognising it.

Any ideas??

Bee.
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Silly question, but have you checked to make sure all plugs are connected correctly? Maybe something has worked loose!
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes, 'silly question' indeed - but directed to a very silly person!! :(

Thanks Wendy, you've saved my bacon.

How embarrassing!:o Like calling out the RAC when you've run out of petrol!

I could have saved myself hours of my life, if I'd checked the basics!

*Sigh*

Bee.
      Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
      COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I had that problem with our scanner many years ago, Bee!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X