Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral attendance

Hi
    can anyone tell me if they keep records of who gave the eulogy at a funeral?
    My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
    Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Probably only if there was a write-up in the local paper afterwards. The Victorians were quite keen on this - I have a funeral write-up for my gg-grandfather.

Comment

thanks Merry
      bt the one im after is quite recent (2001) my fathers childhood friend read the eulogy but i cannot remember his surname.

thanks
      Marie
      Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

Would it have been on the order of service for the memorial? Might the undertakers have kept a copy?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i dont know who the undertakers where, just the date and place of the funeral

Comment

If there was a death notice in the local paper that might well tell you the name of the funeral directors.

Comment

thanks again
              I found the site for the crematoriam and they had the condolence book on line so i now have a name just need an address!!!
              off to try 192 see what they have

Thanks Marie

Comment

Working...
              X