Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption help please

Hi

My friend was saying about the fact that she has an aunt who was adopted for some reason, even though she was the 5th of 6 children and none of the others were adopted.

I have looked on Ancestry and there is no birth registered with the fathers name and MMN, so if she was given up straight after the birth would she not be registered here due to the adoption?

Ive told my friend that i think she was either given up due to being "disabled" or due to her being another mans child. Is there any other reason?

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

She'd have been registerd in her birth name somewhere. even if she was later given up for adoption.

Reason? well, anyones guess!!
    Jess

Comment

Thanks Jess. Im going to have to have a hunt around

sorry meant to say that this was WW2 time
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Robyne, have you searched the actual pages for the surname? If you rely on the search facility you may not get every record.

Comment

Hi Merry

no i havent gone down that route. i have a period between 1938 and 1945 so will have a trawl through tonight when i get home
          Robyne

Comment

As it was during WW2, it may well be that the aunt was the result of an adulterous liaison. This was very common in war time.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
            X