Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone a photo miracle worker?

Hi

I have a photocopy of the first picture my nan has seen of her brother. I photocopied it at work but it hasnt come out very well at all and as she has only had it a day i dont really want to take it off her to be able to get it home to scan it in. If anyone thinks they might be able to tidy it up a bit and brighten it could you let me know. unfortunatly i cant attach it as the system does it as a TIF file

Many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

you can change it into a Jpeg if you open it with 'paint' prog
    Jess

Comment

Hi Jess

It wont let me do it that way, it says its not in the correct format.
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Robyne, I have Windows XP. I can opt to open tif files in Windows picture and fax viewer. I then resave from there as jpegs when I need to.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Unfortunatly that doesnt work either, i dont get the option to change the file. Im home soon so will scan it on my scanner at home and do it properly that way

thanks for trying though
          Robyne

Comment

you can email me the file at info@britec.co.uk I try do it for you

Comment

Thanks Brian. I have just emailed it to you over but i think its probably going to be a no hoper so will have to pop to my nans and retreive the original from her and do it at home
              Robyne

Comment

Hi

I have converted your photo but its real poor quality to work with, your need to scan as a jpg at higher res and bigger size for it to look good, it looks ok small but this is what happens when you enlarge photo

Comment

Thanks for trying Brian. You'd think for an industrial scanner it would be of decent quality! never mind will have to pay a visit to my nans!
                  Robyne

Comment

if you look at it far away the picure is good brenda xxx

Comment

After a bit of blurring and sharpening it looks like this.

(Click to see a bigger version)
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

Thanks very much for that Guy
                        Robyne

Comment

Working...
                        X