No announcement yet.

do the salvation army charge for help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do the salvation army charge for help?

hi,

my friend down the road has been asked by her mum to try and find her son from her 1st marriage b4 she dies.

i have found his birth and 2 possible marriage records which she is looking into to see if we can find the area he is living in - marriages were 03 and 05 but different areas.

anyway, she has had it suggested to her to contact the salvation army to see if they can help trace him as he is living, and she asked me if knew anything about this line of searching and does it cost you etc. i honestly dont know.

she knows that her "brothers" dad was in the house that her mum had lived in with him up until 05 when he died, she sent a letter to her "brother" at the address and she got it returned with a note saying this family moved out in 2005 when the house was sold after a death, sorry we dont have a forwarding address.

any help/ideas greatful.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I don't think the Salvation Army charge, but donations would be welcome.
    Here's their website for Tracing lost relatives.

The Salvation Army: Family Tracing
    Last edited by Durham Lady; 16-02-09, 10:33.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

they did a search for me a few years ago and no they did not charge good luck

Comment

Same here - the Australian branch sent me a file about a deceased person, and didn't make any charge.

Comment

thank you, will let her know.
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Their site states:

The registration fee must be included when submitting your completed questionnaire. If for any reason we are unable to commence a search, this will be returned.
            Joy

Comment

We contacted the salvation army as one of the residents at the nursing home where I work wanted to contact her sister. They charged a small fee under twenty pounds I think and interviewed her to make sure the enquiry was genuine. She had to pay for a couple of certificates as well to prove that the relationship was genuine.

They did not manage to find the sister unfortunately but handled the afair with sensitivity.
              Anne

Comment

Working...
              X