Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone find Harriet Elisabeth Godderidge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find Harriet Elisabeth Godderidge?

I have found a record of this lady's christening (17/6/1866 Wilnecote and Castle Liberty, parents John Godderidge and Anne, DOB given as 18/8/1865). I have also found her in the 1881 census in Tamworth, when she was working as a servant. Then, in 1883, there is a record of a William Godderidge born of Harriet Elisabeth Godderidge being christened in Wilnecote and Castle Liberty (DOB 4/2/1883, christened 24/2/1883). Wilnecote and Castle Liberty is a subdistrict of Tamworth on the Staffs/Warks border.

My issue is that I am trying to find evidence to assign her as the daughter of 'my' John Godderidge and Anne (Owen), so it would be great to find her in the 1871 census living with them. However, I can't find the family at all in that census. Can anyone help? In Harriet's case I have searched for Harriet Godderidge and Harriet God*ridge and I have several people coming up, but the ages don't match at all.

TIA,
    Zoe

I think she may be down as Harriet Goodridge in 1871

RG10/2911 Folio: 54 Page: 7
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Could this be them? Transcribed Goodridge.

RG10; Piece: 2911; Folio: 54; Page: 7; GSU roll: 836404.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks, both! Yes, this is the correct family - the names of the brother and sister match too. Great!

Comment

Working...
        X