X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copied to clipboard?

I have been downloading entries from Family Search Record

FamilySearch Record Search

It has an arrow with "Copy to clipboard". I have done this several times, but now where do I find clipboard on my computer? (:o)

I have looked everywhere but can't find the downloads.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Hi Elizabeth,

It works in the same way as the copy & paste function, so you need to "paste" it to a destination such as a word file or your family tree program by clicking on Paste in the Edit menu (or by right-clicking and the clicking on Paste, or by pressing Ctrl-V).
    Sarah

Comment

You can only copy to clipboard once and then you have to do something with it!

For example, choose your record and then 'copy to clipboard' - open a word processing document and paste.
      Then go back and copy another record to the clipboard - paste again.

Each time you copy to clipboard it overwrites what was previously there!
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Sarah and Elaine,

That shows how knowledgeable I am about the finer points of computers!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Something's still not working - I click "Copy to clipboard"
          and it says
          "Copy
          Record details have been copied to your computer's clipboard. You can now paste this information into your favourite program."

However, I can't see where the clipboard is - no "download" icon or anything else appears. You can't copy and paste from these records.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

The "copy to clipboard" is the copy function. Clicking on that already copies the information to the clipboard (which is invisible). All you have to do then is click on "paste" in your destination - such as a word processing program.
            Sarah

Comment

Open up Word (or whatever word processing program you use)

Click on the words "copy to clipboard"
              Go to your word processing program, right click mouse and click paste
              Elaine

Comment

Elaine - we've just been out for a walk in St Albans, sorry not to reply sooner.

Many thanks, so simple really!

I'm alright with the computer functions I know, useless with everything else.:o:o
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Short cut to paste from clipboard to a word page is to press the Ctrl and V keys on your keyboard

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                  X