Photo restoration advice for a novice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo restoration advice for a novice please

I wonder if one of you experts would be kind enough to tell me how to remove large areas of 'bloom' please, i.e. which tool to use.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Can you post photo so I can see what you mean?

Comment

I'm afraid I can't Brian. Maybe after lunch I could crop a small area and put up. It's the sort of bluey patches that you find on some old black and white and sepia photographs.

Comment

Do you mean silvering as in the photo in this thread: HELP!!! Massive silvering problem on client photo. - RetouchPRO
        (I think you may have to register with the site before you can see the pictures in the threads)

If you enter "silvering" in the search box on the RetouchPRO site you'll find some tutorials and lots of threads about how to deal with silvering.
        Sarah

Comment

Thanks very much Sarah. Yes, I think it may be silvering, though not all over the complete photo like the one shown. I didn't realise it was a fault with the actual photograph. For some reason I assumed that the photo had been damaged since. I can't seem to find the 'search box' though, so will keep looking until I do :o

I was very impressed with the one shown by the way. If only.......:D:D

Comment

Hi Chrissie. I have some photos where it does seem to be damage that has occured over time, and had assumed that was also silvering. Not sure really. :D But it looks like the same type of thing.
            Maybe you have to register to be able to search threads? The search option appears at the top of the page in between New Posts and Quick Links. When you click on Search, a box appears.
            Sarah

Comment

Thanks again Sarah, I eventually found it.

I have been reading a couple of tutorials. I think I need to lie down now :D:D

Comment

I would practice on easy photos first and then move onto the more harder problems to solve later.

Comment

Working...
                X