Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surname check Easelman

Evening all,
    I'm trying a different line off the family but cannot find apart from father William and Daughter Mary find any other member of the Easelman family from Lympne in Kent. She married James Heritage on 26 Sept 1841, but that is it. I just wondered if this surname had turned up for anyone else on here.

Still finding my way around, it is a while before I get back sometimes then I forget how to find my posts, sorry!
    Many thanks

Marie
    Marie of Kent

Ooh, that is a strange one. I can't see anybody with a name like that. I see that on the 1851 census Mary is age 30 and born Lympne. Who were the witnesses at her wedding, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kite Runner
      Marriage was in Sellinge, just up the road from Lympne, says they are both from Sellinge in the presence of William Amos or Ames and Richard Woodlands.
      Sellinge sometimes spelt Sellindge (as it is now)
      Thanks
      Marie
      Marie of Kent

Comment

My Mum lived in Sellindge briefly. They moved around a lot in her childhood, but sadly it wasn't long ago enough for her to have known your Easelman!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

The only hit for Easelman on Ancestry is the marriage so I think it likely it was spelt differently on other records.

Comment

Can't find any Mary in Sellinge in 1841 census with surname likely.

Comment

Hi Little Nell
              She was Heritage by the time of the census I believe the Heritage family were in Swan Lane and Stone Hill Selllindge right up to the 50's
              I think it is going to be one of those names that has been miss read and spelt over the years. Possible Haselman? not sure.
              Nice to hear from you
              Marie
              Marie of Kent

Comment

James Heritage is in the same household as a Mary Parsons aged 20 in 1841 - don't know if that is a coincidence.

There are an Edwin Easeman (13) and William Easeman (15) both in Sellinge in 1841 although I can't find any other record for them.

If you got the birth cert for one of Mary / James' children that should have a maiden name although I don't know whether that would help
                Jackie

Comment

Hello again
                  I am now trying to order Edwin Heritage birth certificate son of James Heritage and Mary Easelman (we hope) but cannont find him on Free BDM for the GRO index. I have copy of his baptism listed in Sellindge, page headed 1852 and in the column "said to be born" it is dated Oct 22nd 1851 Bap. is January 4th 1852. Is there anywhere else I can get the GRO No so I can order the certificate. to find out for definate which Mary is his mother.

Thanks Marie
                  Marie of Kent

Comment

Is this it?

Births Dec 1851

HERRITAGE Male Elham 5 184

If you order a copy from the GRO then order with the name and spelling exactly as on the index.

Comment

Thanks Merry will check back later, have to run to pub quiz LOL
                      Many thanks
                      Marie of Kent

Comment

Thanks Merry I'll give that one a go, there are not than many Heritage's around, so it will be useful anyway, let's hope his mother is not Parsons or everything thrown into confusion LOL
                        Marie of Kent

Comment

Working...
                        X