Email Stripper and Talktalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Stripper and Talktalk

First ~ Can anyone advise me how to prevent Email Stripper opening up on start up of my PC. (I use Vista)I only need to use it once or twice a year and find this most annoying.

Second ~ I have just gone over to Talktalk and put a router on. How do I one prevent it dominating my PC? It has made itself the Home Page but I want Google. I click on Google 'Make this my Home Page' but TT will not allow this.

Third ~ Can I switch the router off each day so that I do not go straight onto the internet. The router has an on off button but I do not want to loose my connect.

Many more questions to follow.

Thank you all for your help.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

You can turn your router off if you like it will be ok.
    you can add your pages you use most to your links tab or just add google under talk talk address then 2 windows will open when you click on explorer
    Last edited by Britec; 15-02-09, 12:01.

Comment

Re the home page
      In Internet Explorer
      On the Menubar
      Click on [B]Tools[B]
      Then Internet Options
      On the General tabyou will see the current home page as TT's
      delete it and replace with http://www.google.co.uk

Re Email stripper
      It is most probably been placed as a shortcut link in your startup folder
      Check this folder and delete it.
      Otherwise, from Start, select RUN
      Type in MSCONFIG
      Look up the program in the list that shows the programs that load on startup and disable/delete it

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor, That is a great help. So pleased that you have TT. I have put the Router on but
        wish that I had not as when I got to the end of the disk to load all the 'stuff' it gave me an option to keep my speed touch. Problem here is that I have so few power points in my room and we need to unplug the Router when I am not using the PC to the socket for just about every domestic happening. The modem of course worked via a USB to the PC. See my new Thread as well.

Cheers,
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X