Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering of certs

Hi,

I have recently got back into researching again properly and ordering certs to fill the gaps I have.

This last week I have received 5 certs - 3 correct, 1 wrong and 1 a mistake on my part. I also have 1 on order whcih I requested a 3 year search for. I rang the GRO today to see the status of it as I order it on 28th January, (these take 15 working days to deal with). I was told my order was in the production section and as i had not received a refund it was looking positive. It better be cos its my elusive Mr Woods who I have been researching his birth cert for years.

Today I have ordered 4 more. I have the details for several more. Do I order them all today or spead them out. I am sure there are more refs I havent looked up yet for other families.

Saying all that when I started my research I ordered loads so have many already.
    Last edited by Fi & Lilly; 14-02-09, 17:06.
    Fi, aka Wheelie Spice

Why not learn British Sign Language: BritishSignLanguage.com; An Online Guide to British Sign Language

Hi Fi

If you can afford to order lots then do, but make sure you don't jump one step ahead too quickly. You know what I mean, if you need a marriage cert to confirm the fathers name before you order the birth cert then wait for that marriage cert. Saves you getting the wrong birth cert.

Comment

I have allowed myself £20 a month for certs in order to catch up the remaining missing ones on my direct line which, after 20+ years of delving I should have bought already! I buy three at a time, because I'm too lazy to get them individually, but I do prefer to receive them one at a time really, as it's very easy to overlook something. Plus if you do order a wrong cert it's perhaps less likely you will get several wrong ones if you order one at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X