Ancestry renewal and prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry renewal and prices

I know this will sound really tight of me, but I let my membership lapse in November. I wasn't doing a lot of research at the time and thought I'd renew at a later date, well, the time has come, there is so much I want to do.

Will I ever get an email from Ancestry trying to entice me back with a special offer? or have I just got to bit the bullet and pay up?
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

What a shame you didnt renew just before the special price they had, there was a thread on here about it believe it finished last week.
    You could be lucky ,or you could ask them if you could have a discount no harm in asking . Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at the seaside View Post

Will I ever get an email from Ancestry trying to entice me back with a special offer? or have I just got to bit the bullet and pay up?
      It's a coin flip whether you will or not, some folks do, some folks don't but Ancestry seem to be tightening up on discounts.

I fall into the latter category as my sub has expired three times now without so much as a peep from them at any time.

As Val says above you really dipped out as the better than half price deal ended last Sunday.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I waited nearly 4 months after mine expired last year but I never got an email offering a discount..In 4 yrs I have never had a penny discount.
        I did ring them and ask but the answer was no so I paid for the Au subscription which at the time was nearly half the price of the UK one :p

]

Comment

You can still get a cheaper deal from the .au site than the .uk site

See the following thread for details

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
          X