Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Grandfathers Photo today and all from a Death Cert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Grandfathers Photo today and all from a Death Cert.

I am so happy yet so sad I contacted an informant on a Death Cert and not only found a whole new family they had a Photo of my Mums Father who died when she was a few months old and neither she nor I had ever seen a Photo of him ,well one came today on what would have been my Mums Birthday.
    So from one letter I have found out so much about him and his family.
    So dont give up miracles do happen.

Good for you, Val................I love hearing these stories.

Comment

Hi Val

How great for you to get the photos.

Just shows you can always find something new and it sets you off again with new enthusiasm!!

Well done

Lin
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Well done Val.

I'm hoping to follow up that photo you found for me (my Brigadier chap) by getting in touch with one of his children in some way, it's nice to see others having success too.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I like to read these things as it makes me have new hope too, now to find a Photo of me as a baby .
          Glen do hope you have some luck too.

Comment

And don't forget the photographs can always be enhanced by our team on the photo boards, i added one of my mum the other day for a touch of colour and the results are pretty amazing.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

these copies are really bad Glen need a lot of work.

Comment

Aww, i chuffed for you Val ;) Glad you had a break - you deserve it.

Wish i had some luck finding one of my Dad !!
                Jacky

Comment

Jacky I have had the most extraordinary luck lately, this one being the best, got another contact who had a Photo of my Nans elder Sister it is like looking at Peas in a Pod , plus she knows so much about the family I didnt .
                  Keep looking you never know .

Comment

I love hearing of good outcomes.....HAve you stopped looking at the picture yet?

I was sent last year a picture of my great great grandfather JOhn Brown.......with a generic name like that I never though I would ever find him...let alone get a picture of him.....and he looks exactly like my brother......very strong genetics four generations later.

Comment

Flashie how did you guess I am glued to it ??? lol
                      good to hear you got that too, it so brings them alive in a funny sort of way doesnt it ?

Comment

Well done! So pleasing to get an unexpected bonus like that!

I found myself in touch with a cousin who was kind enough to email me a photo of my great-grandfather. I hadn't even thought there might be one.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Its lovely Val when you receive photographs, I had a contact who emailed one of my g g aunt which I never thought I would get.

I was lucky enough to get a photgraph of each of my mothers 10 brothers and sisters.
                          I put head and shoulders of each one on to one photograph and gave them back as a 'thank you' christmas card. Some were very emotional about them but were very happy to have them.
                          Kathleen

Comment

When I started I only had a Photo of my dad he had 14 siblings so I set out to get as many as possible I have now got at least one of each of them and I am still over the moon and constantly looking at them.
                            I never in a million years ever thought I'd get one of my Grandfather.

Comment

The age difference in my mothers siblings meant that they had never seen the photographs of each other that I've got (I have them as young as adults) You would most likely find the same too as there are 15 children.

I have just one aunt now and she said that she had never seen her elder sisters/brothers looking like they did on the pictures, it hadn't occured to me. I know I made her happy.
                              Kathleen

Comment

I have one suviving sibling of my Father she is 86 and was born 27 years after my Nans first, I always send her Photos and she too is delighted.
                                Thank goodness Cameras were invented eh ???????????????

Comment

Val I'm glad you have a photo of your grandfather. It was very exciting when my mum got one of her grandfather.
                                  Kit

Comment

thanks Kit I can imagine how she must have felt I still cant quite believe it

Comment

Well done Val ... I wish I could persuade one of my rellies, who was present at the death of my great grandmother (found this out from death cert) to let me have some info about my gt grandparents ... been trying for a couple of years now, but no luck ..........

what's your secret?
                                      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

How lovely when things like this happen...so special..

Like you say nevr give up.

Comment

Working...
                                        X