Fantastic two days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic two days

For the last couple of days I have been tracing my OH family. Two queries in differents lines and I made the connections with both - I'm over the moon. He's amazed.

He has always said that his Grandfathers second wife on his mothers mothers side was related to the Grandmother (who died) but didn't know how. Yesterday I found the link. :D

Today I looked at his mothers fathers side from Jersey and found what I thought looked like a generation back in Jersey but from England, because of the dates and names. Then I found a sister from there visiting the brother in England and bingo, proof I was completely on the right track - I love this genealogy - you can search for ages and ages then something clicks into place and off you fly.

I now need to get parish records from Brightlingsea in Essex. Does anyone know if these are on CD? I think I have made the connection to there but need to prove it. Whoo Whoo!! :D
    Buttercup

Just to say - Really pleased you've getting the results you need.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Buttercup

Isn't it GREAT!

I have just connected two loose ends, quite by chance - I wasn't even looking for a connection, but there it was!

OC

Comment

Blimey, is it just me or is 2009 the year for making big breakthroughs??

We haven't got to springtime yet and my tree is sprouting like mad, it seems i'm not the only one.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Buttercup

Isn't it GREAT!

I have just connected two loose ends, quite by chance - I wasn't even looking for a connection, but there it was!

OC
          Snap OC - thanks JB :D
          Buttercup

Comment

Hi Buttercup
            Brightlingsea burials are covered in the NBI 1698-1984 so if you would like any look ups PM the details.
            Brightlingsea marriages 1754-1851 are covered by Boyds Marriage index & this link, (scroll down and click on Baptisms) GENUKI: Essex will give you details of The Essex Baptism Index which may help if you are looking for a particular person.
            Moggie

Comment

Thanks Moggie

I will PM you and also check genuki - I think I already did but I'll have another go.

Buttercup
              Buttercup

Comment

Working...
              X