Northrop line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northrop line

I am trying to trace the history of my grandfather a Stanley Augustus Northrop born 1883/4 in West Ham. He was married to a Maude Emma Amelia (formally Challis) in 1903 and they had a son Stanley William Northrop (my father) born in 1905 who died in 1943.
    I cannot find any trace of him in the 1911 census or later.
    For general information most of the earlier Northrop's hail from Harston in Cambridgeshire.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    John F.northrop.:

Looks like he wasn't born in West Ham.

Stanley Augustus Northrop
    1883 Apr-May-Jun Chelsea Volume:1a Page:332
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Since the death and marriage registers aren't fully transcribed yet, you may have to do a lot of trawling to find him.

Do you know what he did for a living?

Comment

Stanley is on 1901 census with parents John & Emily, living in Walthamstow.
        Ref: RG13; Piece: 1631; Folio: 54; Page: 15

Comment

I guess that apart from going through the death indexes, you could look at the electoral registers with his last known address to see if you can pinpoint when he lived there. Elect. registers are usually at the relevant county records office/county library service as well as the British Library.

Comment

Northrop Line

Hello John

I've just found this Forum, and your Northrup Line thread.

I have the huge good fortune to be married to a sixth (!) cousin of yours (unless there's a terrible mistake in my research) and (same qualification) I believe I have 1789 of your kinsfolk in our Gale/Northrop Tree.

How can I get some of this stuff to you? I'm not sure if this Forum approves of us "meeting outside the room", but I don't see how I could send you useful info within it. Do you have a family tree which accepts GEDCOM files? Or, even better, do you use Legacy, which I use, because then there is no danger of corruption of data passing from my program to yours.

Looking forward to much fun sharing info

babu

Comment

Hello Babu. Welcome to FTF!

I'm afraid that John hasn't been to FTF for some time - that's why his name is in grey. It might still be worth sending him a PM... if you click on his name, one of the options is an envelope, which is the link to sending him an internal message. That process should send a message to his external e-address to let him know you're trying to get in touch.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Welcome to Family Tree Forum babu and you can click on a members user name to make contact via a personal message which should go to their e mail addy to notify them of your message if they are still using the same e mail addy.
                Just click on John Northrop and then the option to send a personal message which will take you to the message box where you can leave a message.

As John only posted a few messages here he may no longer be active on line.

Good Luck

Edna

Comment

Working...
                X