Memorial Inscriptions added to Findmypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Inscriptions added to Findmypast

Just received a newsletter from Findmypast saying that they have added 1 million memorial inscriptions from FFHS, although, somewhat strangely, they are included as burials in the Parish Records collection.

Counties included so far:
    Dorset
    Essex
    Glamorgan
    Lincolnshire
    Cheshire
    Northumberland
    Somerset
    Warwickshire
    Wiltshire

Cost is either six, eight or 12 credits, depending on the amount of detail they contain.

I don't know whether these were already online at Family History Online?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Well Family History Online is withdrawing records and they are being transferred to FMP

From the FHO website;

Noon, 2nd March 2009 - closedown/transfer
    The current service will close at noon on 2nd March 2009 when all of the data that can be transferred will be available on findmypast.com We will be emailing you (if we have your correct email address) with details of how your credit on FamilyHistoryOnline will be made available on www.findmypast.com See our FAQ for more details of the transfer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Yes, that's why I wondered if these were from FHO.
      KiteRunner

Comment

It makes you wonder just how many records won't make the leap from one site to the other

"when all of the data that can be transferred will be available on findmypast.com"

I had a quick look on FHO but i can't see anything that mentions specifically how many records there are in the MI database.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Well, I have checked for Lincolnshire and can only find burials so far.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Yes, it's funny - the email definitely says they have been added; it even has a link to click on to search them, but I can't see any MIs on the site (the link just takes you to the parish records search).
            KiteRunner

Comment

Just had a look at FHO and it does look as though the memorial inscriptions are the same ones that are already on there.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
              X