426994 Names in the database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 426994 Names in the database

Yep, that's right, an almost unbelievable 28,000+ additional names have been added to the FTF gedcom database in just a few days.

How long before we reach half a million?
    How long before more people find a connection?

For those who don't know where to look the database can be searched and also added to via the following link

Upload Your Gedcom

Searches can be for a full name, a surname or a place of birth with or without a date and by using any combination of the aforementioned criteria you might just find you had rellies living close by the family of another FTF member.

I have rellies who walked the same streets as dozens of FTF members, did they ever meet and now years later their ancestors share a common interest here?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Glen, I still cant work out how my latest upload is 200 less than my previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
      Yep, that's right, an almost unbelievable 28,000+ additional names have been added to the FTF gedcom database in just a few days.
      And that is despite Heather taking names out :D:D

You just can't encourage some people can you?

Still not sure why Heather, somewhere there must be a name in your file that you think should be included that isn't in the database, if you find one that fits the description what does your FTM file show regarding dates?
      Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 13-02-09, 15:17.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

This isn't aimed at Heather either, hence the reason it's added as another post.

The database can only accept GEDCOM files and they can be up to 2MB, if you have a file created in Family Tree Maker that contains notes and sources it may be larger than the 2MB limit, removing this additional information can bring the file down below the limit.

A screenshot guide to removing notes and sources etc for FTM 2005 and 2006 users can be found in the software forum, posts #21 and #22 in the following thread explain the process

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Ooh, looks like the wheels have stopped turning on the tree building front and nobody has new names to add. Failing that someone take the brakes off please and let the names flood back in.:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Just added some extended family. Increased the database by almost 500.

Have been researching son in law's, brother in law's and husband's uncles wife's family in recent months. Merged them into mine.
            Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 15-02-09, 10:17.

Comment

Think I've managed to duplicate a few in the merging. Will put it right and then upload again.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                Think I've managed to duplicate a few in the merging. Will put it right and then upload again.
                Sorted it this time. It's meant we lost a few names, but no sense in have some of them more than once.

Comment

Have we stalled with new names?

The total now stands at 433870

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

But just think, we seem now to have reached a critical mass where people are reporting family connections on a regular basis. None for me yet though!
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

71 more for ya.
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

finally figured it

Hi
                        I have finally worked out how to use the gedcom and managed to upload 300+ names

Marie
                        My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
                        Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

Working...
                        X