UPDATE on two signatures of William East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE on two signatures of William East

Thought those of you who helped my dilemma might like to know that I managed to get some proof about the two signatures on my next visit to Lincoln archives. I'll paste them here to remind you!

When I first found these two marriages I thought they might be the same person but I ran out of time at the Archive.

Now I have had a chance to do some more research and found ...........

......... They are NOT the same person!!:rolleyes:

The marriage licence did have the ages on and they showed the later marriage to be that of a 21 year old!

Congratulations to those of you who thought they were different. Commiserations to those who, like me, thought they could be the same.

Thanks for the help
    Anne

Well done, Anne!

I'm trying not to feel jealous as all the allegations for the various Thomas Pierces who married Marys don't survive and I, like you, have pored over signatures, wondering whether it was the same man, or a relative, or just taught by the same teacher!
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Yes 'taught by the same teacher' is a good point Phoenix! When I used to teach in secondary school (long ago!) there were a group of children who could easily be identified as coming from the same primary school. All their writing was in the same style and immaculate! Also they all took a great pride in their writing whatever their academic ability. Well done that teacher!
      Anne

Comment

Working...
      X