X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1851 Census, Too Faded

Can someone please help decipher the writing on the original 1851 Census of
    Sarah Ward
    Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1527; Folio: 199; Page: 33; GSU roll: 174757.

I cannot read the whole Census it's so faded, I don't know if anyone else can do any better. Many thanks for taking a look.

Updated: I have found some places and date of births but cannot see Street address or occupations
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 12-02-09, 08:31. Reason: copy and paste from ancestry removed

William Ward 34 Artist and Printseller Surrey Newington
    Elizabeth Ward 36
    Elizabeth Ward 16 Scholar City of London
    Sarah Ward 14 Scholar Lambeth
    Penelope Ward 9 Scholar City of London
    Frank (?) Ward 8 City of London
    Robert J or F Ward 4 Lambeth
    Mary Sharples (?) 14 Servant Surrey, Norwood (?)

I can't read the wife's birthplace at all.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hi,
      It looks like 181 Fleet St.

artist and ????seller

Not sure really.

Oh I assume you mean the 1851 census, not 1951, or if you have access to the 1951 census then can I be your friend- he he ???!!!
      herky
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thank you Gillian, Thats a great help, many thanks for your help.

Herky, sorry I did mean 1851 lol, Id love the 1951 Census that would be fantastic!
        I did think it looked like fleet street but wasn't sure.

Comment

Yes, it definitely says Fleet Street. If you can't read the street address then you can look at the "description of enumeration district" as that usually lists all the streets.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

On the 1861 census, Elizabeth sr's birthplace is Vauxhall, Surrey. Now back to 1851 to see if it could say Vauxhall.... I know there was an l near the end! Um... still can't tell.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thank you Kite runner, I didn't realise I could look at the description of enumeration district to find all streets, thats very helpful.

Comment

1861 census RG09 Piece: 197 Folio: 77 Page: 17

copy and paste removed - suspect there could be a copyright problem if left in
                Last edited by KiteRunner; 12-02-09, 12:17. Reason: looked like a copy and paste - possible copyright problems

Comment

Thanks. I didn't realize that

Linda

Comment

Hello,
                    I'm new to family tree forum. I noticed this post on Sarah Ward. She is daughter of William Ward my great great grandfather. Are you looking into this family of Wards too? Chris.

Comment

Working...
                    X