Scarborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarborough

Is there any member living in the Scarborough area of Yorkshire please? I am researching William Henry Pennington who lived at no.1 Vine Street in 1945. This appears to have been a boarding house. I cannot trace any further details of his movements, having visited the library there twice and searched the burial records without success. There were several Penningtons in the area at that time but not sure if they were related as he may have come from Lincolnshire. Have checked dozens of Pennington bmd's throughout the country and found many WHP's. William was the manager of the Grimsby Mineral Water Company in the 1940's and prior to that he may have spent some time in India. I have checked out the mineral water co. but there are no surviving records. Any suggestions please?

HI Yvonne

I wonder if this may be your man that your after as seen in the 1901 English Census unless of course you have his parents detail.

John Pennington 56 bn Hanley Staffordshire Occ Mineral Water manufacturer
    Sarah E Pennington 49 bn Stone Staffordshire
    Ethel Pennington 23 bn Hanley Occ Mineral Water Clerk
    Alice Pennignton 22 bn Hanley
    William H Pennington 13 bn Hanley

I also checked the UK incoming pass list and found a MR William Henry Pennington who travelled back from India to his address in South Mimms Occ Engineer that was 1929

The above is only guess work
    WendyP

Comment

HI

Do you know if your man married a lady by the name of Lilian and had children with her?
      WendyP

Comment

Working...
      X