Laptop problems fixed ,but Ancestry freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop problems fixed ,but Ancestry freezes

Finally sorted my Laptop problems out I hope, but whenever I go on Ancestry after a while the page I'm trying to view freezes and I have to restart IE any ideas please ???

Same happens to me on both my laptop and desktop, spent ages searching for a solution but couldn't fix it (and I am a so called 'expert' with computers, having worked in IT since the early 80s!) so I gave up with IE and use Firefox instead.

I think it is something to do with the Ancestry Viewer but couldn't nail it down to anything definate.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

For the last couple of days when I have gone to my fav's and clicked on to Genealogy the page has come up but then freezes what a pain I have then gone through Friends Reunited its ok then I was wondering if any one else was having a problem with the site.

Granabella

Comment

I have tried Firefox Pete and the same thing happens, it never happens on the PC only the Laptop ?
        Granabella Wonder if its the same thing causing the problem ?

Comment

Do you have Norton 360? I had a similar problem last year and it turned out to be a conflict with Norton. Eventually I got rid of Norton and installed AVG, haven't had a problm since.
          Lesley passed away in November 2017.

Comment

hyer no Leslie it did come installed on here but I uninstalled it and have AVG , I did use the uninstall tool so it should be all gone .

Comment

Working...
            X