Serendipity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serendipity!

I have been working on a huge family called Jepson for the last few months and I am starting to flag a bit, so when I had a new lead on my Holdens, I dumped the Jepsons and went haring after the new Holdens.

I was battling away with the new Holdens and trying to sort out a household which contained a married couple and their various children from SIX marriages, lol! I noted that the wife was previously married to a Mr Fowler and had three children surnamed Fowler, including a Robert Fowler.

There on my desk was my abandoned Jepson stuff. Top sheet says "Sarah Jepson married Robert Fowler, a sawyer, blah blah".

A quick check or two and yes, it is the SAME Robert Fowler! OK, it is the same town so maybe not that miraculous, but I hadn't had much hope of tracing Robert Fowler married to Sarah Jepson from cold and probably wouldn't have made the connection unless I'd been working on both groups more or less together.

Also, if I had neatly filed away the Jepsons before starting on the Holdens, instead of just shoving the Jepsons to the side, I wouldn't have noticed!

OC

Where were your Jepsons from OC? I have Jopsons from Liverpool and Prestwich, possibly also Bury. I've sometimes found them recorded as Jepson or Japson.
    Sarah

Comment

Cloggie

I'm concentrating on the Jepsons of Darwen (Blackburn) at the moment. Two brothers in the early 1700s have produced about 2,000 descendants, so that's enough to keep me going without going out of area, lol!

I've also found them as Lepson and Sepson, Japson, Jepson, Jipson, Jopson, Jupson, Jobson.....

OC

Comment

Forgot about Jobson - found some of them too, unhelpfully mistranscribed as Robson. :D
        Haven't got anywhere near as far back as 1700 with my Jopsons yet.
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X